Oath of Attorney
- I am fully subject to the laws of the State of Washington and the laws of the United States and will abide by the same.
- I will support the constitution of the State of Washington and the constitution of the United States.
- I will abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct approved by the Supreme Court of the State of Washington.
- I will maintain the respect due to the courts of justice and judicial officers.
- I will not counsel, or maintain any suit, or proceeding, which shall appear to me to be unjust, or any defense except as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law, unless it is in defense of a person charged with a public offense. I will employ for the purpose of maintaining the causes confided to me only those means consistent with truth and honor. I will never seek to mislead the judge or jury by any artifice or false statement.
- I will maintain the confidence and preserve inviolate the secrets of my client, and will accept no compensation in connection with the business of my client unless this compensation is from or with the knowledge and approval of the client or with the approval of the court.
- I will abstain from all offensive personalities, and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged.
- I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delayed unjustly the cause of any person.